Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Photo Journalism / Lifestyle Shoot: Crochet


My grandma is seriously one of the most talented people that I have ever met. She whips out afghans for both high school grads and babies in less time than it would take me to do a single row. She has the goal of making a full-sized afghan for each of her grandchildren by the time they graduate, and thus far has not missed one, she is about half-way through the 18 grandchildren. Crocheting is a big part of her life and so I wanted to capture her process from start to finish, including the enjoyment that her grandchildren and great-grandchildren receive from her blankets. My daughter seriously doesn't put her blanket down, it is her source of comfort. I loved this session because it involved my grandma, but I also loved it because it was all about capturing ordinary moments and hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment